The flag was run up on the sea tugboat “Alexander Piskunov”
The tugboat“Alexander Piskunov”, built at the Khabarovsk ship repair yard, became a part of the Pacific Navy.
The tugboat “Alexander Piskunov”, built at the Khabarovsk ship repair yard (works in the structure of the Far Eastern Shipbuilding and Ship Repair Center), became a part of the Pacific Navy. The ceremony took place at the 33rd berth of the Korabelnaya Embankment in Vladivostok. The flag of the Navy auxiliary fleet was raised on the sea tugboat.
This is the first “personalized” tugboat at the Pacific Navy, named after 1st Rank Captain Alexander Piskunov, who was the head of the Pacific Navy auxiliary fleet from 1998 to 2009.
“Alexander Piskunov” is a large vessel for its class, designed for towing and settinggrounded ships afloat, extinguishing fires on emergency ships (vessels) and coastal facilities, performing diving operations at depths of up to 20 m. The vessel has an unlimited area of operation, including Arctic seas (Arc4 class). The cruising range at the speed of 12 knots is 4000 miles. Azimuth rudder propellers in conjunction with a thruster propellerprovide the ship with good control and increased maneuverability when working with emergency ships and in narrow places. Comfortable conditions for the personnel are provided by a sports room with exercising equipment, a dining room for 14 seats, a sanitary cabin, sanitary blocks, a sauna and a laundry room.
Main specifications of the vessel
- Overall length – 56.8 m
- Length between perpendiculars – 52.3 m
- Maximum width – 11.8 m
- Boardheight – 5.8 m
- Draft – 3.7 m
- Displacement – 1410 t
- Crew/number of seats – 19/27 people.
- Main engine equipment – three main diesel generators, about 1500 kW each, one mooring diesel generator, about 200 kW, to supply consumers with electricity at the moorage, one emergency diesel generator, about 150 kW.